Monday, March 11, 2013

Meet Some Important People/Kali's Kreations Start

I like to enjoy a lot of crafts but yarn is my addiction! When I was 8 years old I got my first detention because I took chop sticks and a piece of string and started clicking them together in the middle of class because thats what I thought knitting was and I wanted to knit just like my grandma. When I was 10 years old my grandma taught me how you really knit. I was hooked. In my free time I would make scarves and I started working on a blanket, (its 12 feet wide because I didn't know how many stitches to cast on so it has taken me quite some time.)

Growing up, my grandma was my best friend and if you follow me you will hear about her again and again. I had a hard time growing up with my family because I never seemed to fit right with them. My grandma kept me sane threw all the craziness of being a teenager and learning to find myself and where I fit in this world. She was always there to listen, lend advise and to let me know I was never alone. I would call and talk to her about 4 times a week if not more.
This is my wonderful set of grandparents! I love you guys so much!

I moved to Colorado when I was 19 and after only 4 months I met a guy. We dated for 11 days when we moved in together. My parents thought I was crazy or that  I had to have been pregnant in order to rush in to something with someone so fast whom I hardly knew. My grandparents lent me $2,500 to pay off my car loan so that my parents would let me keep my car and allow me to commute to my new home. Without this I probably would not have been about to make it on my own with this new strange man I was living with!

A month after we started dating!


Not too long after, I found out that my grandma had been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. I was completely devastated. The woman who'd been there for me threw everything was dying and there was nothing I could do for her. I used to lock myself in my closet, which I had filled with all the stuff that reminded me of her, and just cry for hours. During the last few months of her life, I always felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster. My husband and I had started planning our wedding. I had always dreamed of having my grandparents walk me down the isle.

My grandma passed away October 2, 2011. I miss her every day. Some days, I still pick up the phone to call her and realize she won't be there to answer on the other end. As I sit here and type this out, tears fill my eyes because it still hurts to think that she is gone. I really hope that death brought her peace because she was very sick for so long before the lung cancer. She had had several heart attacks, a pace maker, thyroid cancer on both sides of her neck, a few strokes and a brain tumor all within about 5 years. She was such a trooper but she had had enough fighting when the lung cancer got here.

October 29, 2011 my husband and I walked down the isle. Marrying this man was probably the best decision of my life. We might be young but we've been so drawn to each other since day one, there was no question this was who my life was to be connected to for the rest of my days. We got married at Hillside Gardens in Colorado Springs, Colorado which was just to my taste! It had some of the most unique visuals or some of the most random things and I love some of the great photos we got!

                                            

 





 
My Dad is the one strumming!
After the wedding (and they lived happily ever after) I couldn't put my yarn down. Since my grandma's hobby had always been knitting, it made me feel closer to her to surround myself in it. I ended up teaching myself to crochet because we were always supposed to learn together and now it was time that I learned for both of us. With the skills I learned I started selling what I made and Kali's Kreations was born! Now I sell ready to ship items and take custom orders at Kali's Kreations 

Here's a few photos from recent works I have done:










Follow me on facebook: Air Force Wife, Life, Love


No comments:

Post a Comment